On Nov 24, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Peter Kjellstrom wrote:

I originally posted this to the users list maybe it should have gone here. I talked to Jeff Squyres about this bug at SC08 and he thought it would be nice
to have it fixed before 1.3.

The bug probably is in ompi/datatype/ dt_copy.c:ompi_ddt_copy_content_same_ddt
unless I misunderstood Jeff :-)

Original post:
http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2008/11/7318.php

Sorry for the delays; almost no real work got done by many of us last week because of SC08. But I spoke to George about this issue last Thursday afternoon, and now I see that George committed r20034 that looks like it's a fix for this issue:

    https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/20034

Can you give the OMPI trunk a whirl and see if this fixes the problem for you?