On Tuesday 25 November 2008, Jeff Squyres wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2008, at 1:34 PM, Peter Kjellstrom wrote:
> > I originally posted this to the users list maybe it should have gone
> > here. I
> > talked to Jeff Squyres about this bug at SC08 and he thought it
> > would be nice
> > to have it fixed before 1.3.
> >
> > The bug probably is in ompi/datatype/
> > dt_copy.c:ompi_ddt_copy_content_same_ddt
> > unless I misunderstood Jeff :-)
> >
> > Original post:
> > http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2008/11/7318.php
>
> Sorry for the delays; almost no real work got done by many of us last
> week because of SC08.

No worries, I'm in no hurry I just wanted to make sure it didn't get lost in
the post-SC noise.

> But I spoke to George about this issue last
> Thursday afternoon, and now I see that George committed r20034 that
> looks like it's a fix for this issue:
>
>      https://svn.open-mpi.org/trac/ompi/changeset/20034
>
> Can you give the OMPI trunk a whirl and see if this fixes the problem
> for you?

I didn't have the toolchain for an autogen so I took the 20034 patch and
applied it to 1.3b2. With the patch 1.3b2 works and without it it fails (ran
the exact same commands and only "patch ; make ; make install" in between).

So, thanks Jeff and George the bug appears gone as of r20034. Don't forget to
push that to relevant branches.

/Peter