Richard Graham wrote:
Re: [OMPI devel] Preparations for moving the btl's I expect this will involve some sort of well defined interface between the btl’s and orte, and I don’t know if this will also require something like this between the btl’s and the pml – I think that interface is rigidly enforced, but am not sure.
I'm probably missing the scope of what you're saying here, but it raises another question in my mind.  Is there today a well-defined interface between the BTLs and... anything else?  PML or whatever?  Maybe this comes back to a documentation question:  do we (or will we) have anything written down that says what a BTL must do, what it may rely on, etc.?