Can you help me understand something here? I'm not opposed to making the change - just puzzled as to why the value of the default hostfile name is of concern to Eclipse.

There is one reason not to set a default name - it causes us to open and read that file, even though nobody ever put something in it. Remember, we distribute and install an empty default hostfile that contains instructions on how to build one, so it will always exist. Since the name of the default hostfile can be set in the default MCA param file, environment, or cmd line, there didn't seem to be any real reason to define some special name.

It isn't a big deal, though, so I don't really care that much. But I would like to understand why Eclipse cares so we can factor that into any future thinking.

Ralph