Hi,

One question: you *are* using different HDF5/NetCDF4 installations for Open MPI and MPICH2, right? I.e., all the software that uses MPI needs to be separately compiled/installed against different MPI implementations. Case in point: if you have HDF5 compiled against MPICH2, it will not work properly with Open MPI-compiled MPI applications.

Yes, At this point I have more than 8 separate builds of HDF5/NetCDF-4 (4 compilers, each with MPICH2 and OpenMPI and 2 versions of both HDF5 and NetCDF-4 for some of the compilers). Perhaps I should build them again with debugging since I can't seem to see the values of any of the variables in those libraries with the debugger.

Dave