To be more complete, we pull Hg from http://www.open-mpi.org/hg/hgwebdir.cgi/ompi-svn-mirror/ ; are we mistaken ?

If not, the code in v1.3 seems to be different from the code in the trunk ...

Sylvain

On Thu, 28 May 2009, Nadia Derbey wrote:

On Tue, 2009-05-26 at 17:24 -0600, Ralph Castain wrote:
First, to answer Nadia's question: you will find that the init
function for the module is already called when it is selected - see
the code in orte/mca/base/notifier_base_select.c, lines 72-76 (in the
trunk.

Strange? Our repository is a clone of the trunk?

It's true that if I "hg update" to v1.3 I see that the fix is there.

Regards,
Nadia

It would be a good idea to tie into the sos work to avoid conflicts
when it all gets merged back together, assuming that isn't a big
problem for you.

As for Jeff's suggestion: dealing with the performance hit problem is
why I suggested ORTE_NOTIFIER_VERBOSE, modeled after the
OPAL_OUTPUT_VERBOSE model. The idea was to compile it in -only- when
the system is built for it - maybe using a --with-notifier-verbose
configuration option. Frankly, some organizations would happily pay a
small performance penalty for the benefits.

I would personally recommend that the notifier framework keep the
stats so things can be compact and self-contained. We still get
atomicity by allowing each framework/component/whatever specify the
threshold. Creating yet another system to do nothing more than track
error/warning frequencies to decide whether or not to notify seems
wasteful.

Perhaps worth a phone call to decide path forward?

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Jeff Squyres <jsquy...@cisco.com>