Leo P. wrote:
I found openMPI community filled with co-operative and helpful people. And would like to thank them through this email [Nik, Eugene, Ralph, Mitchel and others].
You are very gracious.
Also I would like to suggest one or may be two things.

1. First of all i would like to suggest a different mailing list for students like me who wants to learn about openMPI. Since questions from someone like is going to be simpler than those of other professional developers. Maybe the students from the  student mailing list can solve it. If not we can post in the developers mailing list. I think this will limit the email in the developers list.
I think there is already such a list.  It's the "users" (rather than "devel") list.
2. Secondly if the developer could volunteer to become mentors for student (particularly thesis student like m e :) ). I think they would benefit a lot.
Perhaps some of those relationships spring up "ad hoc" on the mail list, as you have already observed.