Hi Everyone,

I wanted to ask some questions about things I am having trouble understanding.
        1. As far as my understanding of MPI_INIT function, I assumed MPI_INIT
typically procedure resources required including the sockets. But now as I
understand from the documentation that openMPI only allocated socket when the
process has to send a message to a peer. If some one could let me where exactly
in the code this is happening I would appreciate a lot. I guess this is
happening in ORTE layer so I am spending time looking at it. But if some one
could let me in which function this is happening it will help me a lot.

        2. Also I think most of the MPI implementation embed source and
destination address with the communication protocol. Am I right to assume
openMPI does the same thing. Is this also happening in the ORTE layer.
Is there a documentation about this openMPI site? if there can someone please
let me know the location of it.

Sincerely,
Leo.P

      ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on YAHOO! CRICKET
http://cricket.yahoo.com