Should just be

-mca paffinity_base_verbose 5

Any value greater than 4 should turn it "on"

On Jul 19, 2009, at 7:54 AM, Chris Samuel wrote:

----- "Chris Samuel" <csam...@vpac.org> wrote:

I'll carry on digging.

I've been trying to track back from the linux
paffinity module to find some useful debugging
info I can get my teeth into and I can see that
the file:

opal/mca/paffinity/base/paffinity_base_service.c

seems to have lots of useful debugging message that
should output what processes are getting bound where,
but they are often conditional on the diag_requested
variable.  It seems that diag_requested is set based
on this logic:

   if (4 < opal_output_get_verbosity(opal_paffinity_base_output)) {
       diag_requested = true;
   } else {
       diag_requested = false;
   }

But I can't see what I have to set to make those messages
appear! I've been through the output of ompi_info -a in case
there was something listed there but nothing leapt out at me.

Any clues please ?

cheers,
Chris