On Aug 24, 2009, at 1:35 PM, Ashley Pittman wrote:

> The point of b is for sysadmins (or individual developers) who want to
> force there to *always* be correct MPI applications.

But couldn't the sysadmin equally well write a config file to achieve
the same effect should they want to?

Yes, probably so. I was only pulling from the precedent of the MPI param checking for the tri-state.

Having it enabled (and on) in the standard "debug" build is going to
change the behaviour of applications with using a debug library, may
well render bugs un-reproducible in debug mode or worse you may end up
with end-user applications that only run in debug mode and not with a
normal build.

Agreed. Just to be totally clear: I, too, would not advocate that this feature be automatically enabled in debug builds. It should default to compiled-out in all cases -- only enabled via a configure switch.