Hi Ralph,

Looks good so far. The way I want to use is this to use /dev/tty as the xml-file and send any other stdout or stderr to /dev/null. I could use something like 'mpirun -xml-file /dev/tty .... >/dev/null 2>&1', but the syntax is shell specific which causes a problem the ssh exec service. I noticed that mpirun has a -output-filename option, but when I try -output-filename /dev/null, I get:

[Jarrah.local:01581] opal_os_dirpath_create: Error: Unable to create directory (/dev), unable to set the correct mode [-1] [Jarrah.local:01581] [[22927,0],0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Error in file ess_hnp_module.c at line 406

Also, I'm not sure if -output-filename redirects both stdout and stderr, or just stdout.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Greg