On Jan 17, 2010, at 11:31 AM, Ashley Pittman wrote:
Tuning the libc malloc implementation using the options they provide to do is is valid and provides real benefit to a lot of applications. For the record we used to disable mmap based allocations by default on Quadrics systems and I can't think of a single case of people who needed to re-enable it.
It happened to me once. An application couldn't run (not enough memory) because of the Quadrics stack setting the malloc options.