On Feb 9, 2010, at 4:34 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:

> > While we're at it, why not call the option giving MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE
> > support --enable-thread-multiple ?
>
> Makes sense to me. I agree with Brian that we need three options here.

Ok, how about these:

  --enable-opal-progress-threads: enables progress thread machinery in opal

  --enable-opal-multi-thread: enables multi threaded machinery in opal
    or perhaps --enable-opal-threads ?

  --enable-mpi-thread-multiple: enables the use of MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE; affects
only the MPI layer
    directly implies --enable-opal-multi-thread

  Deprecated options
  --enable-mpi-threads: deprecated synonym for --enable-mpi-thread-multiple
  --enable-progress-threads: deprecated synonym for
--enable-opal-progress-threads

For corporate legal information go to: