On Jun 11, 2010, at 12:53 PM, Barrett, Brian W wrote:

> The idea was one large memory segment for all processes and it wasn't
> unlinked after complete attach so that we could have spawned procs also use
> shmem (which never worked, of course).  So I think we could unlink during
> init at this point..

I could have sworn that we decided that long ago and added the unlink.

Probably we *did* reach that conclusion long ago, but never actually got around
to adding the unlink.  Sam and I are still in that code area now; we might as
well add the unlink while we're there.

For corporate legal information go to: