On 08/25/2010 12:43 PM, Ralph Castain wrote:
On Aug 25, 2010, at 11:26 AM, Steve Wise wrote:

On 08/25/2010 11:33 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:
We don't use it - mpirun traps it and then propagates it by default to all
remote procs.

So I should send the signal to the mpirun process?
Yes - however, note that it will be propagated to ALL processes in the job.

If you want to only get the signal in one proc, you can just do a "kill" to
that specific process on its node. We don't trap signals on the application procs
themselves, so your proc can do whatever it wants with it.

Something is funny then. When I send SIGUSR2 to the process itself -or- to the mpirun proc, it just kills the process and doesn't get to my sig handler. And my same library works when I run the job using mvapich2.

I'll keep digging.

Thanks!

Steve.