Could be a bug on our part. If you --enable-debug in your configure, you can
then set -mca odls_base_verbose 5 and (amidst a lot of other stuff) you'll see
the signal being delivered to the proc if you sent it to mpirun.

If you send the signal direct to the proc yourself, we shouldn't touch
it...unless we have a bug that does so.