From: devel-boun...@open-mpi.org [mailto:devel-boun...@open-mpi.org] On
Behalf Of Ralph Castain
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:01 AM
To: Open MPI Developers
Subject: Re: [OMPI devel] Threading

Hmmm...I don't understand what you just said, but it definitely sounds
-ugly-! :-)

I'll take your word for it - we may have to provide a lower performance
version for such oddball purposes, and offer a higher capability version for
everyone else. I'll see if I can keep a single version, though, assuming the
code doesn't get too convoluted so as to become unmaintainable.

Otherwise, I'll branch it and "freeze" a non-threaded version for the
unusual case.

Thanks!