On Oct 26, 2010, at 6:55 AM, Sylvain Jeaugey wrote:

> This problem may be a detail, but it bugs me a lot, so I'd like to have it
> fixed.

Fair enough.  :-)

> Here is a patch that changes the path setting algorithm to "last component
> wins" instead of "first component wins".
>
> This is as wrong as was the original code, except that it is consistent with
> the way autogen.pl generates static-components.h.
>
> If nobody objects, I'll commit it tomorrow.

I don't think this is the right way to fix it.  Sorry!  :-(  I say this because
it worked somewhat by luck before, and now it's broken.  If we put in another
"it'll work because of a side effect of an unintentional characteristic of the
build system" hack, it'll just likely break again someday if/when we change the
build system.

I'd prefer a more robust solution that won't break as a side-effect of the
build system.

For corporate legal information go to: