On 15 Dec 2011, at 20:16, Ashley Pittman wrote:

> On 14 Dec 2011, at 04:36, Jeff Squyres wrote:
>
>> In the usual place:
>>
>>   http://www.open-mpi.org/software/ompi/v1.5/
>>
>> Please test!  I would really like to get this out by the end of the week.
>
> As with 1.4 I've tested it on two nodes of Ubuntu 11.10 (hpcloud) and confirm
> that it works as expected and that padb can attach to jobs and read the
> message queues correctly.

I take this back, by parsing the output of otre-ps I can attach to jobs and
read data from the ranks, I cannot however read the job state from the otrerun
process, the symbol "MPIR_proctable_size" resolves and I can read it but the
value is zero.

I see the other thread about Totalview being broken but that seems to resolve
around MPIR_Breakpoint in the application so I believe that is a different
issue.

To test for this with padb, run a job with orterun and on the same node run
"padb -axt -Ormgr=mpirun",

Ashley.