On 8/23/2012 8:58 AM, Shamis, Pavel wrote:
Did you have chance to make progress on the issue #2 ? I'm wondering how we
want to proceed from here.
First of all, thanks for putting back the fixes for issue #1. That build is now successful.

Issue #2? No. I don't know what to look at even if I had time to spend on this. It appears that mca/coll/ml is being pulled into libmpi. I tried comparing this component to others that aren't pulled in (e.g., mca/coll/sm) or builds on this system (happens to be SPARC/Solaris, but I don't know what the key distinction is) versus other systems where mca/coll/ml is not pulled in. Nothing jumped out at me. So, I'm stuck (lack of ideas and lack of time).

What would make an MCA component get pulled into libmpi? Again, many other components are not getting pulled in and this problem appears only on one system.
On Aug 21, 2012, at 2:19 PM, Eugene Loh wrote:

On 8/21/2012 9:31 AM, Ralph Castain wrote:
>  The library issue sounds like something isn't right in the Makefile.am
>  - perhaps the syntax has a typo there as well?

I don't know.  This is the part where I could use help.  I took a quick
peek at some Makefile.am files.  I can't see what the essential
difference is between, say, coll/ml/Makefile.am and, say,
coll/sm/Makefile.am (which behaves all right).  Nor do I see why there
would be a difference in coll/ml between one system (happens to be
SPARC, though I don't know that's significant) and another.