Eugene - can you confirm that this is only happening on the one Solaris system?
In other words, is this a general issue or something specific to that one
machine?

I'm wondering because if it is just the one machine, then it might be something
strange about how it is setup - perhaps the version of Solaris, or it is
configuring --enable-static, or...

Just trying to assess how general a problem this might be, and thus if this
should be a blocker or not.