Good riddance.

While you are looking at the MCA, there is one important thing pending for
years on the MCA front. There are quite a lot of places in the MCA base where
we leak memory (string duplication most of the time). I don't know how hard
this can be to fix, but it does make sense to fix it while cleaning up the MCA
base.

  george.

PS: A simple "valgrind --tool=memcheck ompi_info" will show most of them.