Hi folks

This was one item from the last devel meeting that can be done independent of
other things:

                • resolution: all opal and orte (and possibly ompi) classes
need to have a thread safe and thread-free interface
                        • _st suffix: single thread (i.e., not thread safe
variant)
                        • _mt suffix: multi thread (i.e., thread safe variant)
                                • for functions that have both st/mt, they will
*both* have suffixes
                                • other functions (that do not have st/mt
versions) will be naked names
                        • need to rename all classes that have locking enabled
already (e.g., opal_free_list)
                        • so today, we go rename all the functions (e.g.,
opal_free_list functions get _mt suffix) throughout the code base
                        • as someone needs the _st version, they go create it
and use it as they want to
                        • Ralph will do the orte classes
                        • Aurelien will do this for the ompi classes

I believe some of these have been done - I will take care of the ORTE classes
this week, so consider this a "heads up" for that change.
Ralph