On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 8:50 AM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) <jsquy...@cisco.com
> wrote:

> Can you do me a favor and cd into ompi/mpi/fortran/use-mpi-f08 and try to
> manually "make type_create_indexed_block_f08.lo" and see if it also
> complains?  That's a 32 character name -- let's see if the limit is >=32 or
> >=33...

Jeff,

Perhaps you came to the same conclusion already, but just in case:

I think the simplest approach to this problem is to include a configure
check with the longest name in the interface (without regard to WHAT that
length is).  This would be added to the ever-growing list of probes of BIND
behavior.  If the compiler can't handle the longest name required, then it
is disqualified from building use-mpi-f08.

Of course that solution adeptly avoids the "Internal" failure in PathScale
and Open64 compilers, but a configure option to disable the F08 support
addresses that and other misc cases of fortran compilers that just aren't
ready for F08 (or 03 for that matter).

-Paul

--
Paul H. Hargrove                          phhargr...@lbl.gov