Testing v1.7 w/ oshmem I did have a few problems:
  http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2014/02/14056.php
  http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2014/02/14057.php
  http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/devel/2014/02/14059.php
  Solaris MPI_Init failures that I have yet to triage
However, only the second of these four is oshmem related.

It is worth mentioning that I did have success building on 44 distinct
(os,compiler,abi) combinations.

-Paul