Guys,

I’m concerned about your usage of abort here. Looking at the code I noticed
that you call RTE_ABORT deep inside the BTL stack. This is a significant
divergence from our current behavior (except for USNIC apparently as the code
is now in the 1.7). The BTLs are not deciders, but merely reporters. Any error
should be reported upstream, and will be dealt with at that level.

If you want to pursue such a drastic change in the behavior of Open MPI, you
should definitively make it through an RFC.

  George.