Hey,

On 14:49 Thu 24 Apr     , George Bosilca wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 1:06 PM, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)
> <jsquy...@cisco.com> wrote:
> > The code is unused.  It has been unused for a long time.  It is
> unlikely to be fixed.

We'd be using it, probably not in production, but in research and
teaching -- if it was operational.

And, as George pointed out, I see a trend towards heterogeneity in
HPC, to I'd say this feature will be rather more important in the
future.

> PS: This code has implications from the datatype engine till up in the
> MPI layer. It also impacts  the BTL, especially the hand-shake for the
> one requiring such a protocol. It also has an impact on the external32
> support in MPI, for some types of architectures. So it's removal
> should be an extremely cautious and chirurgical operation.

So, would repairing the code be significantly more complicated than a
clean extraction?

Cheers
-Andreas

Andreas Schäfer
HPC and Grid Computing
Chair of Computer Science 3
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
+49 9131 85-27910
PGP/GPG key via keyserver
http://www.libgeodecomp.org

(\___/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination!