Nathan,

r31829 caused many sigsegv :-(
/* i am testing on a RHEL6.3 like VM with --mca btl,tcp */

this is now fixed in r31830,
i think i get the intent of the code and i believe we are all set now.

bottom line :
- we agree on line 487 (e.g. use btl_send)
- your update of line 485 is correct (e.g. use btl_send)
- my suggested update of line 498 (e.g. use btl_send) was correct.

Cheers,

Gilles