Ralph,

You're right that PSM wouldn't support dynamically connecting jobs.  I don't
think intercomm_create implies that though.  For example you could split
COMM_WORLD's group into two groups, then create an intercommunicator across
those two groups.  I'm guessing that's what this test is doing, I'd have to go
read the code to be sure though.

I verified this tests works over PSM and OMPI 1.6.5; it fails on 1.8.1 and
1.8.3.

Andrew