Hi list,

I have recently started to wonder how hard it would be to add support for
queuing systems to the tight integration function of OpenMPI (unfortunately, I
am not a developer myself). Specifically, we are working with OpenLava
(www.openlava.org), which is based on an early version of Lava/LSF and open
source. It’s proven quite useful in environments where some level of LSF
compatibility is needed, but without actually paying for a (rather pricey) LSF
license.

Given that openLava shares quite a bit of DNA with LSF, I was wondering how
hard it would be to add OL tight integration support to OpenMPI. Currently, OL
enables OpenMPI jobs through a wrapper script, but that’s obviously not ideal
and doesn’t work for some programs that have MPI support built-in (and thus
expect to be able to just execute mpirun).

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Marc

Marc P. Hoeppner, PhD
Team Leader
BILS Genome Annotation Platform
Department for Medical Biochemistry and Microbiology
Uppsala University, Sweden
marc.hoepp...@bils.se