Hello,

Jeff, your fix brakes my system again. Actually you just reverted my
changes. Here is what I have:

configure:5441: *** GNU libltdl setup
configure:296939: checking location of libltdl
configure:296952: result: internal copy
configure:297028: OPAL configuring in opal/libltdl
configure:297113: running /bin/bash '.../opal/libltdl/configure'
 '--prefix=.../ompi-pmix-refactoring_install/' '--enable-debug'
'--disable-oshmem' '--with-pmi=/home/artpol/sandboxes/slurm/'
--enable-ltdl-convenience --disable-ltdl-install --enable-shared
--disable-static --cache-file=/dev/null --srcdir=.../opal/libltdl
--disable-option-checking
configure:297119: /bin/bash '.../opal/libltdl/configure' succeeded for
opal/libltdl
In file included from conftest.c:718:0:
.../opal/libltdl/ltdl.h:36:31: fatal error: libltdl/lt_system.h: No such
file or directory
 #include <libltdl/lt_system.h>
                               ^
compilation terminated.
configure:297864: checking for lt_dladvise
configure:297870: result: no
configure:297923: creating ./config.lt

Surprisingly to me this error (I am sure!) occurs on any system but only on
mine it fails to set advise on! I checked that on other machines!

The reason was pointed in original PR:
ltdl.h has includes

#include < libltdl/lt_system.h >
#include < libltdl/lt_error.h >

That can't be found without "-I$srcdir/opal/libltdl/".

The point is that we DO need "-I$srcdir/opal/libltdl/" but we ALSO need
"-I$srcdir" too! I filed the new PR (
https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/pull/301) but won't merge it until Edgar
confirms that it's OK with his system.

So the original error was in removing -I$srcdir. I was sure that we
converged on this and found another valuable discussion in ompi-release:
https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi-release/pull/34

There I was looking into configure script and found:

CPPFLAGS="-I$srcdir/ -I$srcdir/opal/libltdl/"# Must specifically
mention $srcdir here for VPATH builds# (this file is in the src tree).
cat confdefs.h - <<_ACEOF >conftest.$ac_ext/* end confdefs.h.
*/#include <$srcdir/opal/libltdl/ltdl.h>_ACEOF

And it was obvious that we don't need "-I$srcdir/" because it was hardcoded
in the include but it turns out that I've been wrong and maybe some other
building system emmits different code. I would like to see Edgars original
config.log. Jeff could you send it to me directly?

So, everybody, sorry for inconvinience!