On May 18, 2015, at 5:03 PM, Mark Santcroos <mark.santcr...@rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for bringing this to the wider community.
>
> I hope this will eventually address my main concern: the relatively old
> versions that get deployed on HPC systems around the world, which I assume
> is/was because of the "odd ;-)" numbering.

Yeah, we're hoping that, too.  From what we've seen, the odd/even scheme does
appear to be a prime reason that this happens.

> What I didn't see in the doc, will you continue to work with two repo's or
> will that change too?
> (I found that confusing as a newcomer)

Unfortunately, yes, we will keep 2 repos.  Github doesn't let us have
per-branch permissions -- having multiple repos is the only way to have strict
control over who can push to release branches.  Sad panda.

If Github ever does enact per-branch permissions, we will happily squash back
down to a single repo.

For corporate legal information go to: