Let me rephrase that.

i will set the parameter in the etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf of my install directory, and i will very likely forget about it (etc/openmpi-mca-params.conf is not overwritten by make install, right ?)

if one day, i decide to configure without --enable-debug and run a performance benchmark, then i will not get the warning i need (and yes, i will be the only one to blame ... but isn't it something we want to avoid here ?)

Cheers,

Gilles