a. As a developer I think it is a good idea to lower barriers for code
contribution.
b. IANAL, but this "signature/certification" is not identical to the
existing CLA, which I think has special statement about patents. Seems like
the new model is a bit more relaxed. Does it mean that OMPI amends existing
CLA ? If not - what is the relation between the two. Most likely existing
member would have to take the "new" CLA to the legal for a review.

-Pasha