I finally updated https://github.com/open-mpi/ompi/wiki/SubmittingPullRequests.

Holler if there are questions…

Brian

On Jul 28, 2017, at 10:30 AM, Artem Polyakov
<artpo...@gmail.com<mailto:artpo...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Brian,

Have you had a chance to put this on the wiki? If so - can you send the link -
I can't find it.

<devel@lists.open-mpi.org<mailto:devel@lists.open-mpi.org>>:
I’ll update the wiki (and figure out where on our wiki to put more general
information), but the basics are:

If you find a bug, file an issue.  Add Target:v??? labels for any branch it
impacts.  If we decide later not to fix the issue on a branch, we’ll remove the
label
Open/find an issue for any PR going to release branches.  That issue can
(possibly should, if the issue impacts multiple branches) have multiple
Target:v??? labels
If a PR is for a release branch (ie, it’s immediate target to merge to is a
release branch), please add a Target:v??? label and reference the issue
If a PR is for master, it can reference an issue (if there’s an issue
associated with it), but should not have a Target:v??? label
If an issue is fixed in master, but not merged into branches, don’t close the
issue

I think that’s about it.  There’s some workflows we want to build to automate
enforcing many of these things, but for now, it’s just hints to help the RMs
not lose track of issues.

Brian

> On Jul 19, 2017, at 12:18 PM, r...@open-mpi.org<mailto:r...@open-mpi.org>
> wrote:
>
> Hey folks
>
> I know we made some decisions last week about how to tag issues and PRs to
> make things easier to track for release branches, but the wiki notes don’t
> cover what we actually decided to do. Can someone briefly summarize? I
> honestly have forgotten if we tag issues, or tag PRs
>
> Ralph

С Уважением, Поляков Артем Юрьевич
Best regards, Artem Y. Polyakov