can be a logical solution to try to estimate how many sabayoners have such
old processors launching an open survey? announcing the drop for non-PAE
x86 and requesting user feedback?

ant then if is low or no negative votes, jump to PAE-only kernels and
making an special wiki section explaining what is all about, with an gentle
recommendation for any new user with a need for non-PAE kernels to file a
bug requesting a new kernel

the cost of jump can be low if few users need that non-PAE kernel and leave
our distro because none is available
if still is some users with that need, or in time can happen to be, later
can be evaluated the time and developer maintenance cost for a new non-PAE
kernel?

can be like in bible:
1 user need non-PAE kernel and 50k users not need that ... is time to jump?
1:50.000 ratio is enough to be impolite? for that user, only one, will not
be funny this is for sure ....
2 users need ....
3 users ...

how low should be? must be zero actual users?

=======================================
linux is free, but needed expertise to use this little beast
is a personal, time consuming, continuous accumulation of knowledge
 and wasted time can not be rolled back no matter how much money you have

selling free software can not bring to you too much money,
but USING free software you can make a lot of money
like Google ... or IBM

your little help to free software development does not bring
to you any money but can help you use it more efficiently,
so you can make more money ... meanwhile, other users of
that little free software program, using your contribution
can make more money! nobody loses anything, all those who know
how to use a free software program, in continuous evolution, wins
registered linux user #352479