On 08/19/2013 08:56 PM, FIlip Kłębczyk wrote:
Hello,

while on Sailfish SDK installfest event in Bratislava yesterday I've met a guy who is working on an IVI UI/UX for one of the well known automotive brands (nevermind which). As Sailfish was something new to him he was very interested what this OS has to offer in terms of UX. Reception was generally positive, but he had few remarks. Anyway we found some things in the components gallery (don't remember if it was discussed here already) which can be probably improved/fixed.

Thanks a lot for arranging these and for the feedback!

So this is hard to read (text in red area is almost unreadable):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6hxcjpozc2x4p1/hard_to_see_what_is_actually_there.png

This is mainly to illustrate use of custom background for text field. So no, we do not use bright red background in text fields of our apps, only in this example.

Numbers on keypad missing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl0elu6bm0jadn5/no_numbers.png

We already have a fix for this. Should be included in next SDK releasre.

Old stuff, discussed many times, but again and again people who see the dialog for the first time, wonder why actually time is not in the center? Was there any particular reason for not putting it there?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/77qfl38hp6m284y/time_in_center.png

It is a dialog header. If the dialog is single selection dialog (like time) we show what user has selected in the accept header. So its in the right corner, since you accept the choice by moving forward. (push right-to-left). That is the reasoning behind it. I think we have had couple of discussions about that and so far the designers prefer the current solution.

PS. By the way I remember previous SDK version (the one from February) and it seems to me that Opacity Ramp had some effect then. Here it does not seem to have any if changing values (or maybe I'm not noticing it). Btw. offset value at one point:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nypvh3h55dm7gw3/does_it_still_works.png
Yep, that's a bug. Opacity Ramp should work like it did in the previous SDK version. We have a bug about that and it will be fixed before final SDK goes out.

--
Vesa-Matti Hartikainen
Jolla Oy