OpenRepos.net is here

many features are coming. Client app Warehouse available for Harmattan. Sailfish client is coming too.

On 06.11.2013 04:47, Martin Kolman wrote:
I'll chip in with my idea/RFE:

Built-in donation support.

* usecase
- the app is free
- but there is a donation button in the store interface
- users can click it to donate to the developer

As it is part of the store interface, it can use the same payment mechanism as paid apps, making the donation procedure as painless as possible and thus more likely. :)
In-application donation buttons need to use external payment methods,
that have many drawbacks such as:
- being evil (PayPal)
- not widely used (Flattr)
- experimental (Bitcoin)
- generally not being available in many countries

* example of store having something like this - Mozilla addons
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Each extension can have a "Contribute" button, see the Firebug extension as an example:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/

* could be a nice first :)

I don't know about any current mobile store having built-it donation support,
so it could be another nice first for Jolla. :)

5.11.2013 22:04, Artem Marchenko:
Hi All

Phone is going to be in sales soon, app store is going to accompany it. What would you as app developer appreciate in the app phone?

Is there anything on top of "just buy an app" or "just buy this game upgrade in-app" what could be an important feature for you? Any disruptive ideas?

As for me, I'd appreciate a couple of options:

1. Built-in try-before-you-buy.
To get rid of free/paid app pairs you see in the other app platforms. If developer doesn't mind, user should just be able to use app for free for some 7 or 30 days. After that - only after payment or with some features downgraded.

2. Built-in subscriptions, especially for micro-sums
Subscription-based schemes motivate developers to improve apps all the time while worrying less about hit-or-miss situation, so it would be cool if app store supported it.

I seriously would think even of small prices as just $0.95 a year, but it has to be charged on a monthly basis yet nobody is going to bug users with 10 cents monthly paid upgrade.

It would be great if app store supported such subscription methods natively. And certainly it could be seamlessly combined with try-before-you-buy so that first month is completely free.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Artem.

P.S.
I am not working for Jolla, just a random developer interested in the topic.

--
Artem Marchenko
http://agilesoftwaredevelopment.com