On 12/04/2013 08:18 PM, joao morgado wrote:
@: Wim de Vries.
I share your frustation about OpenGL with QWindow, and I'm also frustated with Qt widgets. I have a very nice app in OVI, symbian, with QWidgets and OpenGL, I'll have to do a complete redesign, since widgets are black listed.

That example of QWindow with OpenGL, to me, it's an over complicated mess, luckly I managed to port my opengl code to QWindow but took me quite a while to do it. To me, there is a better example here https://github.com/advancingu/Qt5OpenGL
I managed it with QDeclarative some time ago, but that's also black listed now...

So it seems that only QML apps are supported, but I have no clue how to add a QWindow in a QML app. There's an example in QtCreator "Scene Graph - OpenGL under QML" but they use QQuickItem,
for OpenGL, so I still don't have a clue how to use OpenGL in a QML app.
also black listed now see http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/whatsnew.html

I implemented just a little part of my app (https://github.com/sailfishapps/checklists) in a small app, using c++ <> QML-Sailfish communication. It works, but for the communication you need a lot of code. And the code is very hard to understand. I do hope that we will be able to access the sailfish GUI via C++ somewhere in the future.
C(++) is THE language for openGL.

I'll post a separate topic on this.
Thanks.
regards
wim

Regards
João de Deus

Em Quarta-feira, 4 de Dezembro de 2013 16:24, Filip K?e;bczyk <fklebc...@gmail.com> escreveu:
W dniu 04.12.2013 17:05, Wim de Vries pisze:
> Thanks.
> I presume it's a buck in the emulator then.
> I'll wait for the Jolla device, before any further development.

Hi Wim,

you can try to contact my former student, one part of his master thesis
was writing EGL app for Sailfish (he made some kind of 3D snake in the
emulator). His e-mail:

bar.rem...@gmail.com <mailto:bar.rem...@gmail.com>

Regards,
Filip