Hi there

I was thinking only about making sure the app cover doesn't go out of top
9, pinning to the fixed place.. well, could happen if Sailfish OS decides
to explore exactly the pinning concept.

I was thinking about notifications, but I don't think they will suite the
case:

1. There is no way to mark your event as low priority, is there?
I am so much annoyed by BB10 using same notification as SMS for all the
Foursquare checkins my friends do. You could make exactly these silenced,
but that's several settings.. in every profile, so it never happens.
Peeking into which cool cats were downloaded lately is fine if you can just
peeking into it during your regular task switching.

2. There are no event actions as cover actions, are there?
Cover is super cool for the funny cats case, because of the action:
Like/Next or Share/Next, etc fits very well into lazy funny cats
entertainment

3. And then Cover is just bigger, right?
Funny cat preview on a quarter or 1/9th of screen is okay. Preview in the
event feed... not really (I haven't seen Jolla event feed myself, so
speculating)

Cheers,
Artem.

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Kalle Vahlman <kalle.vahl...@movial.com>wrote:

> 2013/12/12 Artem Marchenko <artem.marche...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi All
> >
> > I am thinking of an app that would be primarily useful exactly via its
> cover
> > interface, but used just few times a day. Think of a funny cat images
> > changing each other during a day that you could like without leaving the
> app
> > cover. Or this mailing list monitoring app that would let you jump to
> > answers from cover (notification would be too distracting, but just
> peeking
> > at task manager screen during a free minute would be good).
>
> Well that's just what the events view is for, so you'll definitely
> want to get a notification there. Not sure if you can do that without
> popping up the banner though. Seems like a good use-case to have for
> this kind of "low interest" notifications.
>
> > Is there a way to "pin" my app cover to the task manager? Or could user
> > somehow decide himself which cards to pin if letting each app to become
> > pinned is too much freedom for the app?
>
> Do you mean by pinned a fixed location or just that it won't be pushed
> out of the view when there are more than 9 apps open?
>
> You'll anyway see all the visible covers at all times when peeking, no?
>
> --
> Kalle Vahlman, Movial Creative Technologies Inc.
> Porkkalankatu 20, FI-00180 Helsinki
> Tel +358 9 8567 6400
> Fax +358 9 8567 6401
> www.movial.com