You can force-check from Settings -> About. This does a forced check
already. Probably you don't see any update (I don't see one either)
because the servers are jammed.

If you updated Jolla E-Mail already today, I suggest you leave the
store UI open, until you can do the OS update. Or you may risk not
being able to start the store anymore.

Martin