Harald Schmitt <li...@hschmitt.de> writes:

Hi,

> I tried to use QContactManager, QContact and so on for an app I'd like
> to publish on harbour, but the line in my .pro file
> PKGCONFIG += Qt5Contacts
> is rejected by the new validation tool.
> How can I access contacts in a harbour app? Is there an example?

Short answer: Right now it's not allowed for legal reasons: We are not
allowed to pass contacts synced to the device from some third party
services through to other applications.

Longer answer: There are two contacts databases on the device, one used
by Jolla applications, one for use by third party applications. The one
used by third party applications is currently empty, and won't be taken
into account by Jolla applications -> right now it does not make sense
to allow access to contacts, as you'd just live in your own small
world. We're working on making it possible for third party apps to
access 'local' contacts (i.e., contacts not tied to some service
agreement). The Android contacts access was easier to implement, as we
don't allow applications there to modify contacts, and we can filter to
pass through only local contacts.

Bernd