there is sudo in mer-tools repo, i think

26.03.2014 17:07, Wim de Vries ?????:
On 03/26/2014 07:34 AM, Radek Polak wrote:

On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 12:32:34 PM wsvries wrote:

> Don know about OTG, but my Linux systems always attach a Generic Serial

> Driver to the devices.

> Why is Sailfish acting differently?

No idea how this is in jolla but in openmoko there were options while configuring linux kernel how the device will act when connected to PC . IIRC it was somewhere in USB/gadget menu. You could choose the device to act as USB mass storage, USB ethernet or the USB serial devices.

I just tried it connecting and run dmesg in the terminal.
Need root permission I guess ...
But there is no sudo
Any hints?
Thanks.

So it's probably matter of how the kernel is configured.

Regards

Radek