Hi

I have had this problem since I upgraded Ubuntu to 14.10, and have recently
come to the conclusion that the problem probably is entropy.

A test has shown that the entropy pool always is extremely low (about 1000 with
heavy disk access, less than 800 otherwise)

I have tried to generate more entropy by starting programs with heavy disk or
net acces, and fidling with the mouse, but the installation still hangs at 76%,
and after a short while everything on the desktop freezes, even the mouse.

The only way to get out of it is a long press on the power button.

Until now I have no solution, and are getting somewhat frustrated, so I would
be glad for some suggestions how to procede.

/Kim