Reto,
thank you for the clarification.
Stated like you did, I agree, there is not much use in the SDK without
the tablet.

But I did not expect this to be a problem -- all in all, the emulator
just runs SailfishOS in a virtual machine, with a specific screen
aspect ratio. I thought you would supply whatever working version of
SailfishOS 2 with a different screen layout. The current emulator
already runs x586 code, so I did not think there would complications.

Best regards,
Luciano

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 1:55 PM, Reto Zingg <reto.zi...@jolla.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 29.05.2015 11:14, Michele Tameni wrote:
>>
>> As many other of us I backed the tablet, and now I'm curious if the early
>> access to the SDK will be limited to the developer in the program or will
>> be opened up to every one?
>

> Seems this needs a little bit of explanation.
>
> Plan was to ship an 'early SDK' (for the developer program) just with a
> build target, without any 'tablet emulator' (we are not sure, that we get
> that working till then). So our thinking was that it does not make a lot of
> sense if you can build the software for the tablet, but don't have any
> target to try it out.
> So this led to a wording in the announcement text, which might give the
> impression that this SDK is exclusive just for the participants of the
> developer program. It's more that we don't think it's very useful for
> others.
> It's very likely that already this 'early SDK' already can be downloaded by
> anybody.
>
> And the plan is, as soon we have an SDK which also contains a 'tablet
> emulator' and works, we will make it public available for all, so you can
> start porting your apps. This might be already fall together with the start
> of the developer program, or be a little later.
>
> Sorry for any confusion and I hope this explains it.
>
> thanks and best regards
> Reto
>

>> I will like to have the ability to check and port my apps to the new
>> devices before it will be in the hand of the many backers, and as the
>> delivery should be in July having the SDK in June seems good even if we
>> have to wait the tablet outside the developer program.
>> Thankyou
>> Michele

>>> It's an interesting question! I back it up!

Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams