The reason is Android drivers / adaptation version.

Jolla has Android API level 16 (4.1.2), but BLE was introduced in API level 18 (4.3+).

Jolla Tablet should have API level 19 (4.4+), so if someone has one they could check BLE support in Android.

Aqua Fish came out after the tablet, so I'd expect at least API level 19, thus BLE support in Android.