Hi all,

I'm developing an application that requires advertising an own server via SDP and of course a method to retrieve devices that are advertising said service record. I'm also doing an Android version in parallel with mostly the same code (until now); advertising a server works on both platforms, but for searching I've used two different code paths, which lead to problems:

1. QBluetoothDeviceDiscoveryAgent on Sailfish:
Can find my PC (and possibly other Sailfish servers), but not the Android device as it does not initially feature the custom service UUID upon device discovery -> full service discovery is needed, which means using QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgent (which in turn gives me a "Create device failed Error: 0 "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AuthFailed"").

2. QBluetoothServiceDiscoveryAgent on Android and PC:
Android and PC can see each other in client and server roles. Both can see Jolla as a server, but as already said, Jolla cannot see the Android server.

Now, I have found this thread: https://lists.sailfishos.org/pipermail/devel/2015-March/005781.html

I'd very much like to be able to submit my application to harbour when it's done, which can take some time, but still. Should I:

a) use the patched Qt Bluetooth module from the thread and package that with my app instead of using the system lib b) try to gain access to the privileged group for easier development and wait for Qt Bluetooth to become stable enough for harbour

Best Regards,
Krzysztof