Prefer using svg images. Carrying multiple sizes png images is so 2000.

21.07.2016 02:27, Osmo Salomaa пишет:
Hello,

SFOS has standard sizes for application launcher icons and Silica has stock icons, whose sizes (I assume) vary by device, but how should I handle custom in-app icons, e.g. a position icon in a map application, so that it would look right on different pixel-density screens?

I tried using a large PNG or SVG and having QML scale that to one of the Theme.iconSize* constants, but the result of such downscaling is not smooth, even when using Image's smooth=true. Additionally the QML documentation says there's a possibly significant performace cost to smooth scaling. This implies that I'd need different size PNGs on different devices and show those 1:1 without scaling.

So, is there some SFOS image resizing script I can run on RPM's post-install to generate the right size icons from SVGs or large PNGs? Or should I just roll my own solution that packs in icons of different sizes and loads the closest match at runtime?