From: Devel [devel-boun...@lists.sailfishos.org] on behalf of  Karas
[lukas.ka...@centrum.cz]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:57 PM
To: devel@lists.sailfishos.org
Subject: [SailfishDevel] Mer PIM build questions

Hi all.

I am little bit frustrated from the state of PIM on SFOS.
It is painful to use Sailfish on primary phone when you are using google
services for managing contacts and calendars. From rare activity
in buteo-sync-plugins-social repository [1] seems to me that noone
is activelly developing it right now.

Fot that reason, I want to resolve some bugs [2] myself and create merge
request. Before any programming I need environment for build and testing.
I want to create docker environment (x86_64) for testing [3]. I am really the
first one who is trying it? I don't find any existing docker image with Mer
components... It is possibly that I am going to wrong direction, but I have
good experince with developign inside docker and it was my first choice...

Now the main question - when I try to build mer-core/timed, there are few
`*.type` files that should be compiled by `iodata-qt5-type-to-c++` tool.
But how this should be done in the build? In src/server/server.pro:17
is defined IODATA_TYPES with list of these files, but there is nothing about
it in generated Makefile. There is some qmake plugin or preparison step
that I overlook?

Regards, Lukas

1) https://git.merproject.org/mer-core/buteo-sync-plugins-social
2)