Looking at the code in

buteo-sync-plugins/serverplugins/syncmlserver/BTConnection.h
buteo-sync-plugins/serverplugins/syncmlserver/BTConnection.cpp

    // Get the Bluez manager dbus interface
    QDBusInterface mgrIface ("org.bluez", "/", "org.bluez.Manager",
QDBusConnection::systemBus ());

This is bluez4 and will never work with bluez5. Is there a way to flash
Sailfish with bluez4 on X? I have bluez4 on an Intex AquaFish, but X came
out with bluez5 (not sure which version introduced bluez5 though). I just
purchased another X for development, so could be first try to revive the
code as is with bluez4 and then try to rework it for bluez5, however from
my previous experience doing bluez4 -> bluez5 it is a lot of work
especially if you want to keep bluez4 and bluez5 support.
I need to look closer how much is needed in the sync-plugin - probably not
much, but perhaps you give me your opinion if bluez4 can be dropped
completely, which will make work easier.
I am not sure which way I should go - it looks like it needs fundamental
work.

Another question is where do I find source or documentation around
patterns-sailfish-mw package. It looks like it is the right place to
integrate such a plugin.

thank you in advance and regards